Thursday, March 24, 2011

I totally cheated and feel pretty guilty!

Cheated with my dairy-free status, that is. I went to Costco with Charlie today and I saw my favorites - La Trappe Cheese Curds. I've been good and have never once bought them in the last year. But for some reason today, I broke. And I bought them, mainly for Anna, of course ;)  Yeah - that lasted a whole 5 minutes once we got in the house.

The way I gorged, you would have thought I hadn't eaten cheese curds for a year.  Oh wait...  Don't worry, on top of the guilt I felt, I paid for it.  My body is just soooo not used to dairy anymore. And I'll pay for it again tomorrow when I'll have to change one of Charlie's absolutely disgusting diapers. Which I recognize is totally my fault.

Anyhow, all this to say, I broke and I cheated. But I won't be doing it again anytime soon, I felt so sick afterwards. I'm not looking for sympathy, just stating a reality.

I did however put the Daiya mozzarella-style shreds on my pasta tonight and they reminded me that dairy-free can be yummy and satisfying!  They melt so creamy and really taste like mozza on pasta!  Now I just have to remember that when I see those curds and Costco again... 

I'll be back with a new recipe soon.  For now though, enjoy your dairy-free life :)

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment